Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I Feel Good

Back from my mile walk and I feel great in spite of getting rained on. The mile felt effortless today so I think tomorrow I'll go a mile and a half. Foot problems are gone so I can now walk and exercise without having pain or fear of doing more damage - and I didn't have to see my GP either. Hubs went with me again today, which was nice. His company allows him to work from home so he can pretty much go with me whenever.

BSL is down to 6.6 and BP is 114/74. Those readings are a far cry from 17.3 and 150/90 a few months ago. Next time I see my GP I think I'll ask if I can go off the BP meds or at least cut down.

Back up two pounds *gasp* but I'm not worried about it. I weigh-in every day, in the morning, buck naked. I'm not one to panic or get discouraged if the scale shows a small gain. Instead I analyse my food and exercise diary for the last two weeks to see if I can find the reason - perhaps too many fat grams or some empty calories somewhere. Or perhaps my plumbing is backed up in which case I add more fibre. Am I retaining water? Or maybe I need to workout a few more minutes each day. See? No need to panic. No need to give up. No need to get discouraged. This has happened several times during my weight-loss journey and I'm sure it will continue to happen until I reach my ultimate goal and during maintenance. Might as well get used to it and learn how to deal with it. I've already dropped 18.6% of my total body weight and will continue to drop. :) I'm a winner and a loser.

Right! Time to get on with my day.

Toodles