Thursday, August 23, 2007

Feeling Much Better Today

Yes, even though I messed up yesterday with my food plan. My total calories were 1,136 but the fat grams were 39!!!! That means 31% of my total calories were F-A-T calories. NO! This will never do. And I know the reason this happened. Yesterday I didn't have any complex carbs for lunch and therefore my body had no fuel to get me through the afternoon. Plus, I walked another 1½ miles yesterday afternoon and what little strength I got from my meager lunch I used up in the walk or possibly before. I was so hungry right before dinner that I reached for a slice of chocolate-caramel shortbread. That sucker was small but it contained 281 calories and 17! fat grams. What was I thinking? No wonder I was so tired after getting back from my afternoon walk - no wonder I was so hungry and couldn't wait until dinner - no wonder I reached for a carb that was totally void of nutrition instead of something healthy and nutritious. There were two bananas right there on the counter beside the shortbread! **Sigh** Hard lesson learned.

I'm on the brink of losing one of those pesky two pounds. Yes, the scale this morning flashed from 250 to 249 then back to 250 so I'm pleased about that. My intestinal tract is feeling much better due to the fact that I've increased my fibre intake.

BP is 110/56 and BSL is 5.8. All is right with the world. :)

BBL if I have anything else to report.

Toodles

ETA: Walked ½ mile today.