Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Exercise: It's A Good Thing

Got some structured exercise in today and I feel great! I'm only now getting to the point where I can actually do some decent cardio and resistance exercises. Before I lost the 52 pounds, when I attempted any exercise at all, I'd almost collapse after just a few minutes. Now though, today I did 60 minutes straight consisting of stationary bike, weights, resistance bands, Tai Chi and some light aerobics. I actually worked up a sweat! Had my water bottle handy and drank a whole litre before the hour had ended.

This is how I felt before the exercises:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And this is how I felt after:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lunch was turkey and tomato on whole wheat bread and a big glass of iced water. That's 339 calories; 6 grams of fat; 38 carbs; 8 fibre and 33 protein.

I feel fantastic! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It can only get better from here on, folks.

Today's positive thought is: "Focus on progress, not perfection."