Thursday, July 26, 2007

Torture

Why do people torture themselves with fad diets? I was just reading a blog by a person who is on one of those diets where you buy their food!? She said she had to “choke” down one of their shakes. ..:::..YUK..:::.. I’m not sure if that was her breakfast or mid-morning snack or lunch. I feel sorry for people who feel it necessary to pay someone to tell them what to eat and when to eat and how much to eat. I’m far too independent to have someone tell me what to do (diet wise) much less PAY them. I don’t mean to put people down who follow fad diets but I feel they are doing bad things to their bodies. This particular individual is starving herself. Does she not understand that by going on a starvation diet her body is going to hang on to every ounce of fat it can? Is she prepared to buy “their” food the rest of her life? Sure, she'll lose weight and fast but the question is can she maintain?

Wouldn’t it be better to learn a new way of living? To learn about good nutrition and portion control? It’s not about will power. It’s about taking charge of your health and not letting some commercial diet bone head tell you what is good for you. They don’t really care, all they care about is getting your money.

The blogger is prepared to “choke” down a disgusting shake (that she paid dearly for no doubt) than have a healthy bowl of whole grain cereal and skimmed milk. The cereal would give her body the carbohydrates she needs to get through her morning. No wonder she feels tired all the time. Contrary to what most people on these fad diest are taught, complex carbohydrates are not our enemy. Complex carbs are the good guys. I’m not saying I know it all because I don’t. But I do know how to do research to find out what the human body needs to function in a healthy way. And it’s not about “everyone is different”. No, we’re not. We are human beings and we need the same basics to live well and be healthy. It's about changing your eating habits for the better, not the worse with some disgusting liquid diet.

Come on people! Do you really want to take charge of your health? Then stop paying for horrible, pre-packaged food and do a little cooking!