Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Orange Cottage Cheese Cool Whip Salad

Years ago, when I lived in America, I went to a Weight Watchers meeting with a friend. One of the guests that day was some guy demonstrating food preparation and he made this salad. It's easy, delicious and satisfying.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
All you do is take cottage cheese, cool whip, sugar free orange jello (dry) and a navel orange....put it in a bowl and mix it up. This is sooooo good. However, I can't get Cool Whip here so I subbed plain low-fat yogurt. Yogurt is not nearly as good as Cool Whip but it will do.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also used artifical sweetener and a couple drops of vanilla extract. The original recipe had pineapple also but I omitted that in mine and used two navel oranges instead - I'll add pineapple next time. Yes, I ate a good sized bowl of this stuff last night after dinner for 190 calories and 2 grams of fat. I found a recipe if anyone would like to make it.

In other news, the in-laws are coming for a visit this weekend and I'm planning meals. FIL is diabetic as well so it won't be too difficult to figure something out so that all of us can eat the same thing. Fortunately, hubs and his mum are very supportive of me and FIL and helps us control our diabetes.

Well, I'm off to do housework. ICK!