Monday, July 23, 2007

New Recipe

Tried a recipe from those Weight Watchers books and it was OK. I had to do some adjustments because the measurements for the pancakes (crepes) was way off! Had I mixed up what the recipe said I'd have cooked enough to feed an army. It was supposed to yield 4 servings. Anyway, hubs liked it and said he'd like me to cook it again. :)

In future, I'll make crepes instead of using tortillas because I can save loads of calories. One tortilla has about 258 calories whereas a homemade crepe has about 83 calories and way less fat. Every little bit helps. So what if my Mexican dish is not quite authentic. ;)

Anyway, I've now lost 16 per cent of my total body weight. That's amazing. I've stuck to this reducing plan far longer than any other in my entire life. That's what contracting diabetes does to you....it gives you an added incentive to lose weight.

It's been over two months since I've drank any alcohol but I really *really* wanted a glass of wine the other night. Thankfully hubs brought me to my senses by reminding me how much better I feel since giving it up. So, I resisted the temptation and I'm soooooooooooo glad I did.