Monday, June 11, 2007

More Energy

One thing I’ve noticed about my body, since I’ve changed my eating habits and taking my diabetic meds, is that I’m beginning to regain my energy. Like today, for example, I’ve been doing housework (I hate housework). So far this morning I’ve: dusted everything, washed the kitchen floor, cleaned the downstairs bathroom, hand-washed a load of dishes and scrubbed the sink, vacuumed the downstairs, cleaned the fish tank and bathed the dog all before lunch, and I’m not at all tired. Talk about a workout! Only a couple months ago had I attempted this kind of chore, I’d be so tired and dizzy and my heart would be pounding before I could get the kitchen floor washed. I used to could have cleaned my entire house before lunch and not be tired….oh! how I’m looking forward to those days again. After lunch I’ll do a few loads of laundry then shower then chill for the rest of the evening. If I get enough good carbs through the day then I’ve got enough energy to last through just about anything.

Hubs is away on business in Germany for the next two days so I’m missing him terribly. We talk on the phone each evening though so it’s not too bad. He knows I get very lonely when he’s away.