Friday, June 8, 2007

The Beast

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here’s the beast that’s going to - hopefully - help me tone and build muscle as I lose weight. But I’m telling you, I’m going to have to pad the seat with foam rubber and duct tape because it kills my big booty. Hubs bought this for me a couple years ago and it’s been jammed in the office with stuff on and around it. He dug it out for me the other day and I’m going to seriously start using it. I had him put it in my sewing room where I have a TV and stereo to help pass the time.

Food choices are still good. Keeping total fat calories to around 20% of daily calorie intake - carb calories to between 45-65% of daily calorie intake - and protein calories to between 15-20% of daily calorie intake. Weighing and measuring all my food is sometimes a pain but I’m reaping the benefits so I’m not complaining. My diabetic meds are working and my BSL is dipping to below ten. I feel better than I have in months. Staying off the alcohol is helping loads as well. Today is one month since I’ve had any wine and I’m not going back to it either. Hubs is happy about that as he doesn’t drink at all.

Went shopping the other day and bought six pair of really cute knickers. They’re a bit too small but I’m not worried because they’ll fit once I reach my 250 lb goal if not before. It’s the first time I’ve ever bought a smaller size of anything in anticipation of losing weight.

Dinner tonight will be whole wheat pasta with mushrooms, broccoli, ham and green onion - and any other vegetable I decide to toss in with it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket