Thursday, May 10, 2007

Test Results Are In

The doctor called today to discuss my test results and I am type 2 diabetic. So, I’m to see him in the next week and we are going to discuss meds and other stuff. I’m really annoyed with myself in that I think I could have prevented this by taking better care of my health. Oh well, no point in beating myself up about it now.

I’m going to set up a notebook to track glucose readings, food intake, weight, recipes, exercise and record overall general health. This way, I’ll be able to give the doctor as much information about how I’m controlling my diabetes and it may help him in some way. It will certainly help me and it can’t do any harm, that’s for sure.

Already I’ve started eating at specific time intervals. Breakfast, mid-day snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, dinner, and sometimes evening snack, depending on what time I go to bed. I’ve done this for the past couple days and my blood sugar level has come down - not much - but a bit.

A word of friendly advice to anyone who might be reading this: If diabetes runs in your family, and if you do not have it yet, please take care of yourself now and perhaps you might fend the disease off a little bit longer. And next time you see your doctor - if he hasn’t already - have him check your blood glucose.