Friday, September 28, 2007

Success

Went to see the diabetic nurse yesterday and she is very pleased with my progress. I’ve lost 15.5 pounds since my visit with her back in July. My HbA1c (amount of glucose that has stuck to the red cells in the blood) has gone from 9.7 (poor control) to 7.0 (good control). Any lowering of HbA1c towards 7% will reduce complication risks. Blood pressure is way down as well. She and my doctor are very happy that I’ve taken control of my diabetes and that I am working toward good health.

I discussed with her about how my weight loss is slowing and she said that is nothing to be concerned about because it happens. However, I want to lose at least 50 more pounds so as to be below the 200 pound mark. Currently my weight is 243/244 and a 50 pound loss would put me at 193/194 and then if I lose any more, well, that will just be icing on the cake. Got my flu jab and next week will get my pneumonia jab, so then I’ll be all set for winter.

So, I’ve readjusted my goals. Originally I had projected to be around 225 pounds by the end of the year. That is no longer realistic so I’m now projecting to be at 225 by the first of March 2008. I think that is more realistic and I feel better about my new goal