Friday, August 10, 2007

Have I Met My Goal or Not?

Had a doctors appointment today and his scale said 249 pounds. WOOT! So, I've actually met and surpassed my first goal of 250 pounds before the target date of August 13! That also means my scale either has a dying battery or ready to go on the fritz but is definitely no longer in sync with the doctors scale. At any rate, I think I should stick with what my scale says for consistency. Having said that, it's strange that my scale has not moved for quite sometime. Hmmmm, something to ponder. I think I'll replace the battery just in case.

Exercised for just over an hour today and here's what I did:

  • Dumbbell Bench Press - two sets, 20 reps each

  • Dumbbell Extensions - one set, 10 reps

  • Seated Dumbbell Curls - one set, 20 reps

  • Dumbbell Lunges - one set, 8 reps

  • Hammer Curls - one set, 30 reps

  • Leg Lifts w/2.5# ankle weights - two sets, 20 reps each

  • Marching in place w/2.5# ankle weights - 15 minutes

  • Funky Dancing - 10 minutes

  • Stationary Bike - 15 minutes (this one kicks my ass)


Music: ABBA, Atomic Kitten, Hooked on Classics, Hollies, Milli Vanilli (yeah, I know)

Positive thought for today: "No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change."