Sunday, June 3, 2007

Pizza?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dinner last night was not bad. I had originally planned on having salad but changed my mind and had pizza instead. No, not the pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut I normally would have had, but a little homemade one. Here’s the deal.

From Pizza Hut’s own website their Medium Italian Pepperoni Feast looks like this:

  • per slice
  • calories=306
  • protein=15.9g
  • carbs=26.8g
  • fat= 15g

My homemade one like this:

  • per slice
  • calories=188
  • protein=42g
  • carbs=21g
  • fat=5.5g

Now, normally I would have had two (or more) slices of Pizza Hut’s pizza and judging by their numbers I would have packed on some major calories. My little homemade one had pizza sauce -obviously- mushrooms, olives and low fat mozzarella cheese on a slice of toasted whole wheat oat bread. Granted, Pizza Hut’s would have been way more tasty but I can no longer tolerate that many calories or fat grams in my diet. My homemade one was tasty and very satisfying and I can always add peppers and onion next time. I’m going to experiment with different breads as well so when I want pizza, I can have it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And I’m down another pound.