Saturday, June 2, 2007

Another Pound Lost

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Week number two of counting calories and weighing food and finally I’m out of the weight-loss doldrums. I’ve dropped another pound so I guess my body needed time to adjust to my new eating habits. I thought I was never going to lose anymore weight.

The end-of-week average figures are looking good:

Calories….1378
Fat…………32 grams
Carbs……..197 grams
Protein…..76 grams

I still have dinner to add to these figures but it shouldn’t be much more because I plan on having a salad. Anyway, BSL is hovering around 9-10 so needless to say, I’m feeling much better these days.

Someone asked me once what “plan” I was on. Well, I’ve cut out all processed sugar, down to one mug of coffee per day, cut out wine, cut down to between 30/40 grams of fat per day, I cook all my food - none of that processed poison for me. I’m constantly looking for food substitutes and I go easy on the artificial sweeteners. I’m not starving nor do I feel deprived. I don’t reward myself with food when I reach a particular goal. I weigh myself every morning so that I can react swiftly should there be any drastic change. So, I guess you could call that a plan. *shrug* Regardless what other’s might call it, it works for me so I’m sticking to it.

I still have a long way to go before I meet my personal weight loss goal. But once I drop this weight, I’ll never, ever go back to the way I was/am. I remain motivated because I want to live. Being morbidly obese is not living but merely existing.