Saturday, October 20, 2007

Life Is Good

I'm sitting here with my favourite magazines, Grazia and Cosmo, and drinking a cup of hot lemon tea. And before you ask, the answer is no, I'm not on some wacky lemon diet. I just happen to like lemon tea. My mother made it for me when I was a child and I've loved it ever since. I find it very refreshing and relaxing. One freshly squeezed lemon in my favourite china teapot and sweetened with plain old refined white sugar. GASP! Yeah, I know, but artificial sweeteners hurt my stomach so I have to go easy with them.

Hubs fetched some of my shoes down from the loft that I've not worn for a while. Shoes that actually fit me now because my feet aren't as chubby and don't tend to swell anymore. Strange how little things like that can make me feel good about myself.

I made some very good soup the other day. All I did was pile a load of fresh vegetables (carrots, spring onions, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, a potato and some peas) into a pot with some chicken stock, boiled till tender, then processed with a hand blender. The result was a thick soup that I had with a dollop of plain yogurt and some saltines. Quick, easy, yummy and extremely healthy. None of that processed tinned crap for me. Tonight will be hamburgers made in the George Foreman grill with homemade BBQ sauce. Tomorrow, roast chicken with sage dressing and steamed veg.

Went to the grocery store today and spotted some millet seed. I've never eaten millet seeds before so I read the instructions which said it can replace rice or cous cous. I'm going to try it. Who knows, it might be good. Millet seed? I thought that was budgie food! Budgies are sweet little creatures.

Next Friday is our sixth wedding anniversary and I plan to treat myself to homemade lasagna and homemade chocolate cake with gooey chocolate frosting. YeeHaw!

OK, I'm out.