Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Blackberry Frozen Yogurt

Oh man! This stuff was delicious and dead easy to make. One can blackberries, plain low-fat yogurt, splenda, vanilla extract. Drain and puree the blackberries, mix all ingredients well, place in ice cream maker for about 15 minutes. Transfer to a clean container and freeze. To an ice cream freak like myself (who can no longer eat ice cream) this is a very good sub.

Got my handbag today that I won on ebay. It's so cute and summery and will go perfectly with a pair of sandals I have.

Weight wise - I've finally lost that pesky pound. Now standing at 257 and only seven pounds from my first goal. Took me a whole week to lose that pound but I suspect it's because the doc upped my diabetic meds and my body had to make an adjustment.

The weather has not been great with all the rain and it has dampened -no pun intended- my spirits. It's too wet to do anything in the garden or much else for that matter. We usually have a BBQ every Sunday but with the rain we've not had but two this season. Seems like my cabin fever will never quite go away.

Ahh well, life is good despite the weather and my lousy health so I shouldn't complain. I have a good home and a loving husband, what else do I need?