Thursday, June 21, 2007

Yipee

One more pound and I will be -according to FitDay- obese - instead of extremely obese. So, I’ve reached a mini-goal. Yay for me!

Spent the morning going through my skinny fat clothes and I’ve found so many outfits that I can now fit into. I have so many clothes I don’t have room for all of them in my closet. I found dresses, trousers, tops, shorts, suits and brand new bras and panties. Some of the clothes are actually too big for me and will have to be altered! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Guess what I’ll be doing for the next few days - altering, washing and ironing. We have a huge four-poster bed and it can’t be seen for the pile of clothes.

For the past few days I wasn’t feeling well because my arthritis kicked up and I was hurting all over. The weather has been really bad lately, cloudy and raining and cold - not good for my arthritis. But, I took some ibuprofen for a couple days and now I’m fine. I feel great today and finding so many outfits that I can now wear has motivated me even more to keep going with my weight loss plan.

I’m only 14 pounds away from my first goal and 89 pounds away from my goal of 175 lbs. As I near 175 lbs, I plan to have my weight loss slow down by increasing my calorie count (not fat calories though). Then I’ll coast into 165 lbs to be maintained for the rest of my life. I will NOT be fat EVER again. I’m 50 years old, and if I live as long as my mother, who is nearing 90, I want my last 40 years to be good years. I don’t want to live my last years sickly and possibly in a wheel chair. That’s not fair to me and it’s not fair to my husband -who is twelve years younger than me. I don’t want him to have to push me around in a wheel chair because I was so selfish that I gained so much weight and made myself ill. If I end up in a wheel chair, it won’t be because I’m fat.

Well, I’d best get off here and start on fixing up those *new* clothes.

Toodles!